Tomato soup is an all time, warm, comfort food. 🍜 Add Butternut squash to get a very flavorful and equally nourishing combination for cooler weather. 🥘
All vegan (optional) and also soy and gluten free. 👈🏻💯
Prep time – 5 mins
Cook time – 15 mins
- 1 lb. butternut squash, roasted and mashed
- 1 can tomato purée (28 oz. size)🍅
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth 🍶
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried / fresh basil , crushed or chopped 🌿
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (1/2 teaspoon for less spicy) or 2 teaspoons chili flakes 🌶🌶
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
1. In a cookpot, warm oil and sauté diced onion.
2. Add rest of the ingredients one by one and stir to mix.
3. Let simmer for 5-10 mins until hot.
4. Top with toasted bread crumbs, cilantro. Serve with quinoa or garlic bread. (Optional)
I am happy to hear your experience with this tomato soup recipe, in the comments section !
If you enjoy reading this page and would like to support me in creating more healthful recipes, plus food art and share them with you on an ongoing basis, I am very grateful to you for your support.
Donations can be made here and Thank you 🌿💛🌿very much for your heartfelt generosity!