A sauce, a staple, a delicious topping for steamed veggies like broccoli. We love Alfredo sauce 🙂
The nutty flavor of this sauce borders on dairy flavor so it tastes almost exactly like the dairy version with Parmesan 🧀
- 1/2 of a large onion or 1 medium sized onion, dived
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp black pepper , ground
- Parsley and garlic (optional)
- Pasta of choice and Steamed broccoli (for the side)
- Salt to taste
1. Sauté onion (and garlic- optional) until tender, add 1 cup of broth and let it cook until a thick mix of onion and broth.
2. Put the onion and broth mix in a blender.
3. Add cashews, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, lemon juice to the blender
4. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until the mix is smooth.
5. Add melted vegan butter and stir with a spoon for extra creamy cheesy consistency
6. Mix sauce with pasta and veggies of choice
7. Top with chopped parsley
I would like to hear your comments in the section below 📝
If you enjoy reading this page and would like to support me in creating more healthful recipes, plus food art and share them with you on an ongoing basis, I am very grateful to you for your support.
Donations can be made here and Thank you 🌿💛🌿very much for your heartfelt generosity!