A wonderfully easy to cook and equally enjoyable medley of vegetables, lentils, spices and of course, the secret ingredient ! The classic is well known and can be paired with rice or flatbread, add a salad on the side for a rustic meal. I am delighted, to introduce you to Stu ! A tropical ginger-y take on the regular stew!
Prep time – 10 mins, Cook time – 20 mins Serves – 4 – 6
1. 1 cup moong bean lentils, cooked
2. 1 cup diced potatoes
3. 1 cup boiled peas
4. 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
5. 1/2 cup onion, roasted
6. 1/2 cup chickpeas (canned, if you are using dried chickpeas – soak 1/2 cup overnight)
7. 1/2 inch piece of ginger, minced
8. 2 tsp curry powder
9. 2 tbsp warm coconut oil.
10. 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
11. 1 tsp tamarind juice
12. 1 tsp agave syrup
13. Salt to taste
14. Cilantro or parsley for garnish
15. Rice, bread or salad of choice
1. In the cooking pot, warm lentils, potato, peas, onion with 1 cup water.
2. In a separate bowl, add chili flakes, ginger, tamarind juice, agave syrup, to curry powder mixed with warm coconut oil.
3. Roast chickpeas on a griddle (medium hot ) for 5 – 7 mins until slightly charred but still soft. Remove from griddle and mash them. This the secret ingredient will give the stew a smoky flavor and also make it creamy
4. Mix all ingredients in steps 1,2 and 3 using a lightweight spoon keeping the vegetable chunks as much otherwise it will be of a soupy texture.
5. Garnish with cilantro or parsley. Serve with rice, flatbread or salad of choice!
I would like to know of your experience of the Stu – Hearty Vegetable Stew recipe in the Comments section. How did it turn out when you tried it? Thank you for liking, sharing and following for new recipes !🙏