So decadent… these Energy Bars are plant based, gluten free, organic, vegan, soy free, peanut free, refined sugar free and Superfood infused! 👈🏻💯🌿all at the same time 👌🏻✅
Indulge your chocolate craving, pair it with a health boost and add some cinnamon. Voila! This energy bar is ready! 🕉
🌿For the filling – Prep time – 10 mins
Freezer time – 20 mins
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins or goji berries
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup raw sunflower butter
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup (or 1/6 cup Molasses and 1/6 cup Maple syrup for robust and not too sweet flavor)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt.
- Mix ingredients #1 – #7 in a mixing bowl.
- Warm the sunflower butter only slightly so that it becomes smoother and pour in the mixing bowl along with all dry ingredients.
- Add sweeteners and cinnamon, salt.
- Mix them well with hands or a whisk.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and pour the mix and even out the top surface.
- Chill in the freezer for 20 mins.
- Cut into bars of any size 😊. It usually makes 16 average sized bars.
🌿For the chocolate coating – Prep time – 5 mins
Cook time – 5 mins
- 1 cup coconut oil, melt only and slightly warm or cocoa butter, melt only
- 6 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice (I used maple syrup), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Dip individual bar in the chocolate mix and keep on a plate lined with foil.
- Place in freezer for 10 mins. to set.
A few helpful tips –
🌿 Store Energy Bars in the fridge or cooler only.
🌿They last for upto 4 weeks (that is, if you / your family let them last that long) 😊
🌿Substitute Stevia or any sweetener of choice for maple syrup
🌿Use 1/3 cup applesauce instead of molasses for a different flavor
🌿Use cacao butter instead of coconut oil for a thicker creamier texture of chocolate
🌿Use cocoa powder, goji berries, green tea powder, coconut powder, sea salt as toppings
Let me know how your energy bars turned out by commenting below! ✍🏻
Want more healthy recipes ? Follow me on :
If you enjoy reading this page and would like to support me in creating more healthful recipes, plus food art and share them with you on an ongoing basis, I am very grateful to you for your support.
Donations can be made here and Thank you 🌿💛🌿very much for your heartfelt generosity!