This Indian Kale curry is loaded with healing herbs – garlic, turmeric, mustard, fenugreek, paprika and so on 😊
Herbs and spices are Nature’ own medicine 🌿💚🌿🍵
Using herbs and spices is an effective and gentle way to take care of your antioxidant intake! which boosts overall healing 🙏🏻 here’s a great chart for ready info from Spiceologist.com
Combine these amazing spices with Kale and greens, I have an antioxidant rich and equally tasty curry 🍛! Enjoy 😊
Cook time – 20 mins
1. 2.5 cups chopped kale …2 cups if tightly packed
2. 1.5 cup chopped chard, 1 cup if tightly packed
3. 1 onion, grated or finely chopped
4. 1 tbsp lemon juice or 1 tsp tamarind paste
5. 1 tbsp molasses
6. 1 tsp of turmeric powder
7. 1 cup coconut cream ( for a dairy free recipe) or any other cream of choice
8. 1 tsp Rice powder or arrow root flour or 1 tbsp yellow lentil thick paste
Ingredients for the Spice mix –
1. 1.5 tsp cumin/jeera seeds
2. 3 tsp corriander seeds
3. 1 tsp paprika for colour (optional)
4. 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds (optional)
For Tempering –
* 2 tsp minced garlic
* 1 tsp black mustard seeds
* 1 tsp dry red chili flakes
* 1 tbsp crushed dry curry leaves
* Earth Balance butter 1 tbsp
For the spice mix –
1. Lightly roast all ingredients and grind fine in a coffee grinder or any mini grinder.
For the curry –
1. Add all greens and onions to the pot in 2 cups of hot water. Simmer for 5 mins until greens become soft.
2. Add all remaining ingredients including spice mix and let simmer on low heat for 15 mins.
3. For the tempering, melt butter and lightly sauté garlic, mustard, chili flakes and curry leaves for 20 seconds. Pour this mixture on top of the curry in the pot.
4. Serve this delicious Kale curry with steamed brown rice or cooked quinoa. 😊
Let me know how this curry turned out by commenting below! Did you use your own ingredients or top it with your favorite herb topping ? I would love to hear your experience!
Want more healthy recipes ? Follow me on :
If you enjoy reading this page and would like to support me in creating more healthful recipes, plus food art and share them with you on an ongoing basis, I am very grateful to you for your support.
Donations can be made here and Thank you 🌿💛🌿very much for your heartfelt generosity!