Crêpes are so versatile, 👏🏻 they can be served at breakfast or lunch or dinner, just by pairing them with a side or even with a filling inside them. 🥗
They can also be made out of various grain 🌾 flours or even of Lentils or nut flours. 🌰
Lentil Crêpes 🥞 are light and fluffy with a coarse texture which adds to the crunch and delicacy of a truly satisfying yet savory meal.🍲
Fit for all occasions, these Crêpes are a quick recipe – a home cook’s delight, although I made them from scratch! 😀
In under 30 mins, a fresh meal can be served, how convenient is that? ✅ With less than 10 ingredients, it is budget-friendly too ! 💰
Prep time – 20 minutes
Make time – 5 -10 minutes
- 1.5 cup green Lentils (also called ‘Moong dal’ in India) , soaked for 20 minutes until tender.
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 medium size green chili, I used a jalapeño pepper
- 1 tsp cumin spice powder
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Salt per taste
- 1/2 of a medium onion
- 1/2 cup butter (dairy or vegan, optional), to use on the skillet.
1. Add Lentils, ginger, chili, cumin, onion and salt to the blender. Blend until smooth but a little coarse.
2. Heat skillet with 2 tsp butter. (Make sure the skillet is medium hot only)
3. Pour one scoop of batter on skillet and spread to make a thin Crêpe.
4. Serve with a dipping sauce or sour cream or even soup.
If you enjoy reading this page and would like to support me in creating more healthful recipes, plus food art and share them with you on an ongoing basis, I am very grateful to you for your support.
Donations can be made here and Thank you 🌿💛🌿very much for your heartfelt generosity!