Raw energy food definitely has an allure which makes it so enticing, perhaps. Add to it, the fresh flavor of chocolate and we have a winning combination 🍫
I combine the tart fruitiness of cranberry (can use raisins instead as well, it’s your choice) with the nutty flavor or almonds, cashews and natural sweetness of dates.
Prep time – 5 mins
Make time – 10 mins
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups of dates, pitted
For the chocolate topping –
- 4 tbs cacao powder
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs raw agave syrup
- Blend all nuts, cranberries and dates for 30 seconds – 1 minute until well mixed.
- Pour the mix in a bake dish. Level the mix and keep aside.
- For the chocolate topping –
a. Warm the coconut oil and mix in the cacao powder with maple syrup. Whisk until smooth.
4. Pour chocolate topping on the mix evenly.
5. Refrigerate for an hour or freeze for 30 mins.
6. Cut into bars and enjoy 😊
These bars can be stored in the fridge for 10 days or in the freezer up to 2 months.
I would like to hear of your comments in the section below 📝
If you enjoy reading this page and would like to support me in creating more healthful recipes, plus food art and share them with you on an ongoing basis, I am very grateful to you for your support.
Donations can be made here and Thank you 🌿💛🌿very much for your heartfelt generosity!