Bake a loaf, they said ! And so, we did ! Here is where it becomes poetic ! In this recipe it is recommended, Add flour but not really, use pancake mix and sub it with half measure almond meal. Add sugar but not really, sub it with stevia or agave. Make frosting but not buttercream, use cream cheese and whipped cream ! 🥣 🌿
Make time – 10 mins to mix, 30 mins to bake.
Serves – 8-10
For the loaf – 🍞
1. 1 cup pancake mix, 1 cup almond meal
2. 1 stick butter (vegan or dairy) 🧈
3. 2 eggs, beaten and fluffed (regular or VeganEgg as egg substitute 🥚🥚
4. 1 tsp baking powder (optional)
5. 1/2 cup stevia or 4 tbsp agave syrup or sweetener of choice
6. 1/4 cup almond milk or any nut milk. 🌰
For the frosting – 🥣
1. 1/2 cup cream cheese ( non dairy )
2. 1/4 cup whipped cream (non dairy)
3. 1/2 tsp vanilla flavor For the topping – 1 tbsp chocolate chips (I used Lily’s brand) 🍫🍫
Loaf Cake –
1. Melt the butter 🧈
2. Add butter to the fluffed and beaten eggs and mix evenly.
3. Add sweetener to the butter and egg mix and stir till mixed well. 🍯
4. In a mixing bowl, put the pancake flour and add almond meal.
5. Add the egg / butter / sweetener mix to the flour and stir until batter is formed.
6. Pour in the loaf mix in the greased loaf pan.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 25-30 mins
8. Cool for 10 mins before removing loaf from pan 🍞
1. Soften the cream cheese at room temperature.
2. Add whipped cream, sweetener, vanilla flavor 🥣
3. Beat for 5 mins until mixture is fluffy
4. Layer top of loaf with frosting and top with crushed almonds and chocolate chips
I would like to know what you think of the Almond Loaf recipe in the Comments section 📝 ! Thank you 🙏