When the time is short, lots to be done…when delicious food is the order of the day (everyday 🙂) …red Lentil is in your soup of the day 😊
The most easiest to cook of all lentils are the red lentils ! They cook in minutes and are the best go-to Lentil all through the year ! 🌿
Cook time – 20 mins
1. 2 cups red lentils(rinsed), 4 cups water to cook the lentils
2. 1 medium onion; chopped , separate 1 tbsp for topping,
3. 1 tbsp cilantro for topping
4. 3-4 cloves garlic; chopped
5. 1/2 inch piece of ginger, chopped
6. 1/2 cup tomatoes; chopped
7. 1 1/2 tbsp Thai red curry paste or Curry powder 1 tbsp, leveled
8. 1-2 tbsp coconut milk (add 2 tbsp if you prefer a slightly creamy texture)
9. 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce (Thai)
10. 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper and Salt per taste
1. Put lentils with water on medium heat. Cook for 10 mins, the lentils will get soft.
2. Add onion, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, curry powder, oil, sweet chili sauce, cayenne and salt in pot.
3. Stir intermittently and let it cook for 20 mins on medium heat.
4. Stir in coconut milk.
5. Add 1/2 cup water if soup appears too thick.
6. Let it simmer for 2 mins, serve hot and Enjoy 😊
Let me know what you think of this recipe by commenting below! ✍🏻
Want more simple and healthy recipes ? Follow me on :
If you enjoy reading this page and would like to support me in creating more healthful recipes, plus food art and share them with you on an ongoing basis, I am very grateful to you for your support.
Donations can be made here and Thank you 🌿💛🌿very much for your heartfelt generosity!